Childbirth Education Series
Welcome Back for
Choosing Care-providers :: Layers of Support
Family Structures :: Navigating Gestation as Trans*/Queer
Thanks again for joining us!
Please note that Kori and Amanda as well as BBB co-facilitator, Elsa Asher are all available for in person and distance counselling and birth consulting.
Here are a couple links to resources and organizations we mentioned during the talk:
Doulas + Midwives
- Doula Training International
- La Matrona
- Ancient Song
- Indie Birth
- Qmunity -located in BC, counselling and referrals phoneline
- List of LGBTQ friendly crisis hotlines in US + CAN
- Queer Asterisk
- LGBTQ Perinatal Wellness Centre
Invitation for Reflection and Sharing
As part of Session 2, we invite you to reflect on the following questions:
- Take a moment and reconnect with your intention from last session. How have you noticed the practice of remembering your intentions show up in your life?
- Download the Layers of Support worksheet (see Follow Up section above), or simply map out what your web of layered support looks and feels like. Maybe there are some support people on there you would like to share this exercise with?
- What do you find resourcing, life giving, nurturing, gender affirming . . . in your life. Do you feel as if you're able to access some or many of these things regularly in your life? If not, what might be some barriers? In looking at your Layers of Support Map, who(m) on there might be able to support you in accessing some of these things you named as life giving?
As always please feel free to send us your questions via email or facebook, we'll get back to you typically within a few days.
PASS IT FORWARD
group call dates
all calls will happen at 7pm PDT
stay tuned for call invites